Red Herring Productions is a Community Interest Company based in Bideford, North Devon that creates arts projects with a social impact. We specialise in outdoor, interactive performance that blurs the edges between the performance and the audience. All our performance is ‘devised’ – made through a collaborative process of improvising and polishing. As we make our shows, we offer opportunities to get involved in the creation of the performance and to help us shape it.
We believe that bringing people together to experience familiar places in unfamiliar ways can strengthen connections between people and an appreciation of the places where we live. And where people are not able to join us outdoors, we think of ways to bring a bit of the outdoors inside to them.
- We believe that being Playful is good for body and soul – it can stimulate creativity and happiness, whatever our age
- We think that being Daring, being open to new things, is liberating
- We are Caring of the natural world and our place in it
- We are Collaborative, believing that we are happier when we connect together
- We are Accepting of all irrespective of age, race, gender, health or background
- We value Resourcefulness concerning skills, assets and materials
Red Herring is led by three women – creators and producers with a combined 60 years of experience of devising, making and delivering outdoor performance across the UK. Read our Directors’ CV to find out more about our individual experience.
Red Herring is well recognised in the Outdoor Arts Sector. We have received commissions from a number of organisations including Without Walls Consortium, Green Carpet & Winchester Hat Fair and received funding from Arts Council England, The Heritage Lottery Fund, Awards for All and North Devon Coasts AONB. Paschale Straiton and Kim Tilbrook are on the Steering Committee of the National Association of Street Artists. Read our Company CV to find out more.